What is a Dental Root Canal in Southern California?
Dental root canal treatment consist of repairing and also saving damaged or infected tooth. Basically, the emergency dentist repairs swollen or diseased pulp (soft tissue inside your teeth containing blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue) to make sure you have a healthy smile. Smile Center Southern California also offers dental veneers, invisalign, cleaning and other dental services.
The root canal procedure involves cosmetic dentist Dr. Ebi Nikjoo cleaning and disinfecting the pulp chamber of the diseased tooth. In addition, he will seal the newly cleaned tooth with fillings. If the contaminated pulp is not removed, the patient may experience pain and swelling resulting to tooth loss. Contact Smile Center Southern California today for an appointment (626) 918-3388.
How does your Dentist perform a Root Canal?
- Your dentist will use local anesthesia to numb the area surrounding the infected tooth.
- Once the anesthesia kicks in, the dentist drills a hole into the tooth.
- Your dentist will use a small thin cleaning tool that fits the hole to take out the abscess/debris causing the infection. This step repeats until the root is cleaned.
- The dentist will now finish up the treatment by disinfecting the newly cleaned tooth and by filling the hole. Sometimes, the dentist will use a metal or very strong plastic post in the canals to help retain the tooth.
Advantages of Dental Root Canal Treatment
- Capable of chewing
- Regular biting force
- Natural healthy appearance
- Protects other teeth from damage
If patients take good care for their teeth or pulp, then the restored tooth could last for a very long time. Daily brushing, flossing and also regular appointments with our Southern California dentist is crucial to keep your bright healthy smile. Contact Smile Center Southern California today for a free consultation (626) 918-3388!